Sorry I haven't been blogging recently but I have been really busy and the weeks just seem to fly by!
I got full marks on my Latin test so I was really happy, and so I decided to choose Latin and German for my languages. I also had a Geography test, which I got 83% in. Talking of school, I got my E&As on Monday. E&As are Effort and Achievement grades which at my school we get every month. These grades were my best I think I've ever had. For our Effort Grades, A* is way beyond expected, A is Very Good, B is inconsistent, and C is unacceptable. For our Achievement , 1 is excellent, 2 is Expected level, 3 is Unacceptable. We have 14 subjects. I got 10 A*s, and 11 1s. I got A*1 in all the sciences and maths, and an A1 in English, which I was very proud of. I only got 3 2s, the rest were 1s, and my effort was only A*s and As. It was a really good month for me !!
It's my brother's birthday on the 31st (he's going to be 7) and our family is going to go to legoland and invite some of his friends over for a birthday tea. I will have to decide what to get him soon, and I have no idea what he's really into these days.....
My title today was exams because I'm starting to feel the pressure of my piano Grade 5 which I am having on the 2nd of May. Also, with the lent term almost over, it's going to be the end of year exams soon, and I will have to start revising for them about 2 months before ! My violin Grade 5 exam will (hopefully) be in the summer term. I say 'hopefully' because right now my teacher thinks I need to work harder until she thinks I am ready enough to be put in for it.
I started reading on Monday (and finished today) a really good book called The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. It was really really good and I think that style of book is one that I can enjoy. I am now reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
Please comment if you have anything to say, and keep reading ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment