Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Fill-In


The first thing I'm going to say before I say anything else, is that I'm sorry I've been such a bad blogger lately. Everything has been going on so fast and I just can't fit in a time to blog about it. So now I'm going to have to fill you in.


My ballet exam went really well, I still haven't got any news, though. As the summer holidays crept slowly closer, the work at school began to come down to watching movies and things like that. As this was my last week at this school it was kind of sad for me, leaving all my friends behind. The last day was finally here. There were a few tears in the morning from the year eights who were the oldest in the school and were going up to upper school. We worked through the day which actually, now I think of it, included no work at all. For the last lesson we had a party in our form room, with of course lots of crying. On the bus on the way home I was afraid the bus was going to flood, because all the year eights crying. 


The Summer Holidays!!! Aahhhh, a break! Time to chill out! Not for me and my brothers. My Mum has recently started on a part time job which means that both my Mum and Dad are working. Luckily, my Dad can work at home, so he works in a little office in the garden. My Mum travels to work, but as she is so hardworking and amazingly talented, she will leave me and my brothers an email so that we can read it throughout the day. This will consist of all the things that she would've told us to do if she were here. But, as she isn't, she leaves it all in an email instead. This isn't all chores though; this email may also say 'watch TV for half an hour, Lily's turn to pick the program.' It was actually a really good thing to do, because it kept us busy until she got back, and Dad would come and make our lunch or just pop in occasionally. My Mum also set us projects on Scratch, a programming document, and if you know about Scratch you will know that it is an amazing thing and is really fun to play around with, but if you don't I suggest that you try it out, because it's a really good way to learn how to make your own games and stuff. I'll leave a link to the website at the bottom of this post. 


Well, that pretty much sums up what I've been doing in my summer holidays so far. Here's the link to the Scratch website:scratch.mit.edu 


Hopefully, next time I'll work out how to get some of the stuff that I've done there on here. Got to go to Rowing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment